Office 365 Feature Focus – Litigation Hold for email
Litigation hold sounds like a feature reserved for solicitors but lots of organisations can benefit from litigation hold. It’s a feature that copies all emails to a secret mailbox behind the scenes and holds them there from prosperity. This means that the user could delete an important mail and several years later an administrator can search for and recover the information. Here are a few key facts:
1. The litigation hold mailbox can grow to 100Gb, twice the size of the user’s mailbox.
2. The searches are done using a process call E-Discovery which is really powerful, you can search for things like sender, recipient or even just the content of the mail.
3. It’s free for most office 365 users.
4. Mail is kept for a set period or indefinitely.
5. You can switch it on for shared mailboxes.
If you have a user who’s mail might be precious and you’re scared they might delete something you will need, simply switch it on and stop worrying.
All good things must come to an end. That applies to the Windows 7 operating system, scheduled to reach the end of its life on January 14 2020. Enterprises and organisations should be asking themselves one important question: Are we ready? It is a date on the calendar...
With remote working and less formal staffing structures on the increase, many businesses are letting employees use their own devices for work purposes, including laptops, tablets and mobile phones. But does this cultural shift expose businesses to new risks and...
Whether you’re a small business or a large enterprise we can offer solutions for all of your Manchester IT support needs. Our dedicated and lovely workforce are always at hand to complete tasks and answer queries that will help your business tech soar! For expert IT Support in Manchester, give us a call today.
Receive IT support advice & insights from our team